Frequently Asked Questions:
Questions and Answers:
- The database initialization fails, even though the datafile pathname is correct.
- As I load the database, the program seems to stall at certain points.
|The database initialization fails, even though the datafile pathname is correct.
|This can happen for several reasons:
- Your license is expired
- Write permissions for this pathname are not set for your account
- You have specified a raw
partition as a datafile, and the raw partition that you intend
to use is already reserved for another Matisse database
- You are using raw partitions on Windows NT but do not have administrator privileges
- Multiple pathnames address the same raw partition
|As I load the database, the program seems to stall at certain points.
|The database program may hang for several reasons. Here are a couple of things you can check for:
- Check the database log file.
If the message 'Out of disk space' appears in the log file, run
a version collect and/or extend the database.
- Run the monitor tool to
see if your application is waiting for a database lock to be released
by another application.